Apply to be an ISAAC Peer Mentor
We are delighted that you are thinking about Mentoring others. There are a number of great reasons to apply to be an ISAAC Peer Mentor:
- Invest in someone who is keen to grow personally, professionally (in the sector) and spiritually
- Share your knowledge and experience in the Addictions/Recovery sector
- Improve your workplace by strengthening your skills
- Strengthen the network of Christian addictions workers in the UK
- Quality training for you in Coaching and Active Listening skills
- Ongoing support through the year
- Excellent experience if you are working towards Senior Management or Consultancy roles
If you are looking for more general information about the ISAAC Peer Mentoring project, please see our Mentoring page. Please note: ISAAC Peer Mentoring is currently only running for UK members, with a view to be rolled out in other regions based on feedback and lessons learned.
We want to invest in Mentors as they invest in Mentees. If you are looking to become an ISAAC Mentor, we will work with you to ensure that you are trained for the role and supported through the year.
Can I be a Mentor?
We are looking for Christians who have worked in the Addiction/Recovery field for a significant period. This can be continuous or with a break. You can be an ISAAC Peer Mentor whether you have mentored others before or not. Here are some things to consider if you are thinking of applying:
- Do you have the time and capacity to commit to meeting your Mentee monthly (online)?
- Are you good at listening, steering conversation and sharing from your own experience?
- Would you like to grow and sharpen your coaching skills?
- Do you feel confident to signpost people to other people or organisations?